Friday, January 23, 2009

Cupcakes and Company- New cupcakery in Paris


A big shout out to Sarah for the top two photos... Mine were eaten and deleted so I relied on the photos everyone else took that day! Whew!


Yesterday me and the gals got together for a little cupcake fun.... It's the first cupcakery or should I say, "cupcakerie" in Paris that I know of and it's called Cupcakes and Company (cute name). It's run by two sisters, who are French gals who LOVE to bake and took their passion of baking to a little shop near the Bastille.
We were very pleased to see that they use good ol' Philly cream cheese for the cream cheese frosting and their frosting was really DELISH- smooth and creamy, and just the right sweetness.. and piped on very nicely. The cupcakes were served in nut cups and you eat them with a spoon. There are a very wide variety of flavors- including lemon, vanilla, carrot, coffe, red velvet and banana.
The cupcakes themselves were not very good! Sorry, but they were more like muffins, and not like cupcakes- much more dense and heavy.. not light and airy like the typical "cupcake" should be! I know that most of the homemade cakes here in France (not the ones from pastry shops) are more on the dry and dense side. But, for me...having grown up with cupcakes my entire life, and baking more than I could ever count... I am simply NOT used to the idea of a cupcake being a "muffin with frosting!" A cupcake should be moist, light and fluffy and kind of melt in your mouth... Oh well, I won't be coming back here anytime soon!
BEST cupcakes in Paris are made by CAT at Little Miss Cupcake in Paris. She's American and makes authentic tasting cupcakes.. I highly recommend her for any other your cupcake needs!! Here is the VF (version française) of Little Miss Cupcake in Paris
It was a fun little excursion and exciting to see a cupcakery spring up in Paris.
I took MANY pictures but unfortunately when I was uploading the pictures into my IPhoto, something went wrong and all but four of them didn't upload. This left me with just the tail end of our little outing, when I snapped a few of my half-eaten cupcakes! I felt really bad, because the pictures came out really nice. I'll have to take a trip back to shoot some more soon.. Right now, I am 'borrowing' a few of Noelle's and Sam's photos... Still waiting to see if Sarah got some good pics and then I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10|HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11|HOT GIRL GALERRY 11