Sunday, April 25, 2010

SOS Help- for English speakers in France

I was just contacted by Vicki, a volunteer from SOS Help, a non-profit English speaking crisis hotline in France that has been in operation since 1974. I would like to "spread the word" about this organization and their services here because I think it's a very useful service.

I think back to my first few months in France, and the "coup de blues" I experienced from the move away from my home country to being here... I was also mourning the recent death of my mom, which was clearly THE most difficult thing I've ever gone through in my life, as well as suffering from chronic pain from my herniated disk injury... All of these things combined caused some severe depression... and I really wish I had known about SOS Help to talk to people here about how I was feeling, as I hadn't really made any friends here at that time. I think that people can feel very alone and it can really help to talk to someone about it.. esp. in your native tongue!

Here's something from SOS to anyone out their who feels like calling them... They also have a newsletter that you can sign up for on their website... Other bloggers in France that would like to post about this on your on blog, please DO!! We can get the word out to others...

"Feel like talking? SOS Help, an English speaking crisis line in France, is open from 3 pm to 11 pm daily. Call us up to talk about anything on your mind – from loneliness to stress to concerns about integrating into a new culture. We are here to listen! Call us at 01 46 21 46 46 or visit us online at www.soshelpline.org for more information."

Thanks so much for contacting me, Vicki!! I think what you are doing is great! Keep up the good work. I'm sure it's very rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10|HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11|HOT GIRL GALERRY 11