Monday, September 22, 2008

Lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting!






I made these over the weekend so that I could "practice" some recipes that I am working on for my cupcake portfolio!  I really liked this particular recipe.  Here it is if you want to take a look!   LEMON CUPCAKE RECIPE- click HERE.
The cupcakes were pretty moist and not really too lemony or not too sweet, but just right.  So, the lemon buttercream was a good compliment, though it's a bit too sweet and buttery for my taste... Others seemed to like it okay... I wouldn't use the two tablespoons of lemon juice that were recommended for the frosting, but rather I would use a lemon extract and start with one teaspoon and add more according to your own taste... 

Don't forget to WHIP the heck out of the frosting so it's nice and creamy!!  You can choose to add poppy seeds if you like, it changes the texture a bit (a little more crackly when you bite into the cake) and I am not sure, but it may take some of the lemony taste away from the cupcake... The ones with poppy seeds somehow tasted less "lemony."  But, it all depends on what you like! 

 This recipe produced a WHOPPING 37 lemon cupcakes---- I wish you guys were all here!!! We could've had a big cupcake party!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10|HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11|HOT GIRL GALERRY 11