Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Freeeee Nelson Mandela...


I remember this song! Well, today is the 20 year anniversary of Nelson Mandela's release from prison. It brings tears to my eyes- tears of happiness and sadness at the same time. I took a course on the history of South Africa while at studying at UCSD. My prof was from Natal, from the Zulu tribe. I learned from him, the horrors of South Africa, and was amazed that a country IN Africa felt the pains and horrors and sufferings of discrimination to an extreme level. Apartheid was a true EVIL and I'm sure, as in America (from slavery) that the damage still exists. I will never understand the idea of exploiting, oppressing, and discriminating against a race of people because of their skin colour. I don't know how people who think they're better because they're something else can sleep at night and carry out their daily activities... Racism is an Evil of socitey.

So, in light of what I wrote above, I am CELEBRATING the man, Nelson Mandela, who spent many years in prison for his beliefs and for trying to make a change for the better in this world. Nelson Mandela, you are my Hero!

"South Africans are observing the twenty year anniversary since the country's elder statesman Nelson Mandela walked free from an apartheid prison. The anniversary is being marked with a symbolic march from the prison, speeches, and exhibits at museums."



"His stature, his mere presence, and that is when I thought that myth and man merged, to be the Nelson Mandela that we finally saw in our presence. A man of unbelievable resolve; resolve that you picked up as you shook his hand, as you looked straight in his eyes, and as he talked to you," he said.

*Picture and quoted text taken from New.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10|HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11|HOT GIRL GALERRY 11